Goa.....continued
Goa certainly surprised me, but since I was on a semi pleasure trip, I did not enjoy much as I expected to, nor were we able to do our little things independently.
But nevertheless, we hired a motorbike on a last day and Neeta had a ride on a scooty, she can ride very fast......
Since we were accompanying a business associate and we were showing him our own country, we were a little careful.
Russians have really spoilt the place. Our hotel was 70-80% occupied by Russian groups. Some of them were very pompous and pretentious. Most of them were lying on the beach, some of them were playing golf, its the latest fad in Russia!
The hawkers ont he beach have a wonderful time when Russians are around....they are the only people who can buy Coconut water for INR 200 without negotiations!
Russians also want to go for a yatcht ride for INR 15000 per hour, a luxury which is not so easily available in Goa.
I have come to a conclusion that our resorts are still not very much equipped for the very high end of tourism. Though they pretend to match the highest standards, but there are very serious flaws.
Neeta bought some sea shells as presents and had kept them in the room, but they vanished in the evening before they checked out. She protested but the shells were lost! Welcome to Intercontinental in Goa.................
I'll post some pictures soon.......
But nevertheless, we hired a motorbike on a last day and Neeta had a ride on a scooty, she can ride very fast......
Since we were accompanying a business associate and we were showing him our own country, we were a little careful.
Russians have really spoilt the place. Our hotel was 70-80% occupied by Russian groups. Some of them were very pompous and pretentious. Most of them were lying on the beach, some of them were playing golf, its the latest fad in Russia!
The hawkers ont he beach have a wonderful time when Russians are around....they are the only people who can buy Coconut water for INR 200 without negotiations!
Russians also want to go for a yatcht ride for INR 15000 per hour, a luxury which is not so easily available in Goa.
I have come to a conclusion that our resorts are still not very much equipped for the very high end of tourism. Though they pretend to match the highest standards, but there are very serious flaws.
Neeta bought some sea shells as presents and had kept them in the room, but they vanished in the evening before they checked out. She protested but the shells were lost! Welcome to Intercontinental in Goa.................
I'll post some pictures soon.......
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home